7.01.2008

Monthly Round-Up! May 2008 Hits: 102, 354 - My Traffic is Declining, But I Earned Something

I'm so sad when I saw my stats for the month of June 2008, my traffic is declining big time. I just received 102,354 hits, according to StatCounter. But I can't blame it on anyone else but me because I'm the one who is posting the articles. I'm so busy this month I only post ONE real article (paidp0sts excluded) a day on this blog. I think that's the reason why -- meaning I don't exert too much effort too beat my last month's stats of 170,598 hits because I'm too relax that traffic will just pour in

My Declining Traffic

Plus the fact that PBB is over, which is most of my previous traffic came from. I don't wanna post articles from Pinoy Idol or PDA anymore because I just feel, people are not so interested with this kind of show. Another thing is my 'blog stats' is so open to public, Jehz told me that I should hide it so that I don't experience what happen in his blog. Other blogger will copy your style and what you are posting, they can easily check what is the 'trend' on your blog and if they found out a certain blog post receive a high rate of 'hits' they will post the same thing on their blog. Which I don't follow as of now (except that amung.us counter that Jehz particularly adviced me to hide) because i hate logging in just to see my stats & If some bloggers are spying on my stats then so be it -- atleast I'm helping them in some ways.

But who are me to complain right? some other blogger will be so happy when they received more than a thousand hits per day. I'm receiving 5,373 hits per day on the average according to StatCounter that is NOT so normal for a 8 month old blog plus the best thing is-- I DIDN'T spend even a single dollar on this blog for hosting or for the domain or for SEO service or anything.

A screenshot in my PayPal dashboard

Actually that 'declining traffic' give me something in return 26,847.59 Pesos! That 26,847.59 came from the ads all over this my blogs, p@idreviews plus some private ad deals. Mad Crowd Media even e-mailed me that they are interested in this blogspot blog. Cool right? Plus the $163.21 that i get from Google Adsense this month which equals to 7,274.26 because the exchange rate is $1 = P44.57 that day on Western Union. (you know what? I noticed that even my traffic is declining my earning from Adsense is not! weird eh?) All in all i was able to get US$ 785.32 or P34,121.85 -- I even managed to increased the traffic of my 2 blog by more than 50%

My Earnings from PayPal arrive here in my UnionBank EON account

Earnings from Google Adsense
I said to my mum that i already have money, she don't have to give me my weekly allowance but she refuse to stop, she always leave my allowance on top of the TV. They get mad when I refuse to accept it, you know?? the PRIDE of parents... But my wish to them that I would shift course, still not granted. They say that I should wait until my sister finished her course then I will shift to Nursing.

Actually their still not believing that I'm already earning from blogging, they're afraid that I'm doing something 'fishy' on the computer. You know those 'web cam' models who strut there 'hidden' stuffs in the webcam for the world to see. " 'Ma? we don't have webcam! How will I able to do that" I said

Of course not all this thing is permanent everything changes, It's possible that next month -- I will earn nothing. I just posted this to encourage other not to stop from blogging because they're so upset at the results for their first month, just keep trying remember sucess is NOT made overnight. To the other who e-mailed me and asking me question don't fret if I don't answer you that fast. I try to answer each of those but because I'm so busy try to be considerate this time. And please don't accuse me of being conceited because I'm not! If I am.. then I'm not answering your e-mails for free.

Yes, I don't answer to your comments now, but I do read some of those once in a while, like this one commenter who is also a blogger insulted my oh-so-awful grammar "tanga ka, where is the linking verb?" or something to that effect. I already admitted that my grammar is far from perfect but I'm trying to be better. Sometimes I don't check the comments area, because it can ruin my day.

Thanks for reading this blog post and don't worry all my earnings this month plus the succeeding month will be donated to charity. This blog is supporting the finances* of a student in Manila.



.... and that's me


*cellphone loads lol










12 Comments on "Monthly Round-Up! May 2008 Hits: 102, 354 - My Traffic is Declining, But I Earned Something"

insulare on July 02, 2008 said...

declining traffic, but increasing pay? thats truly something.

theworkingmom on July 02, 2008 said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I wish blogging were around when I was still a student like you. I'm enjoying it now and earning a bit, but nowhere like you.

Congratulations on a successful blog!

Joey
http://www.tsinay.com
http://www.joeymd.com
http://the-working-mom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey i just read 3 of the upper paragraphs looked at the pics and the last paragraph heheheh. its great that you are giving it to charity, im doing something like yours too but i do not ear as much as you cos i do not put ads on my blog. hehehe anyway what i was gonna ask you is, what are you being so busy about?

dan
sigbin.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How old r u, julia? and what other ads sites could you recommend to me aside from adsense?

Unknown on July 02, 2008 said...

wow congrats!!! how old are you?

gosh I am an amatuer blogger but I'd like to earn as much as you are earning..

Sedna on July 03, 2008 said...

Julia! Anlufet mo tlga!

Anonymous said...

wow... galing mo talaga julia.....

meggi on July 03, 2008 said...

don't worry you're still in topblogs.com.ph...

SMILE!ÜÜÜ

-MEG GAYOD
http://meggigleeandgloom.blogspot.com/
http://brainbang-mindbullet.blogspot.com/
http://manayginadevenecia.blogspot.com/
http://oppositeofapathy.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

That still is a hell of a lot of traffic. Most of us are still dreaming of that level of traffic.

Anonymous said...

I can understand wanting to make the money and not have to depend on your rents ... but money is money! That is still alot of traffic too but knowing that you get a ton more than somebody has to be a nice feeling.

Anonymous said...

i think i know why you're traffic has declined and it's not about what you said in this post.

I have a suspicion your competitor has done you in, that competitor has your traffic now, it has 40k to date and it's no.1. done you in means it has made chuchu to google. your traffic has dipped considerably because your site is not in the top ranking in your niche keywords anymore and SO SUDDENLY, which means may nagtraydor sayo na starmometer, para sya ang maging no.1.very Pinoy eh, crabby indeed.

pwes, isumbong mo din sya sa google dahil sa pamimirata nya ng mga tv shows na kinacapture nya then post nya. yun lang naman ang laman ng site nya.puro nakaw na tv show performances.

word of advice lang. bahala ka kung ayaw mo maniwala. pero very suspicious na your no.1 competitor is still lording it over at no.1 kahit na puro nakaw naman content din nya. sumbong mo sa google and sooner or later, pantay na kayo ng traffic uli.

WikiPika on July 08, 2008 said...

WHOA!!!!

GRABE!!!

I'm nowhere near that!!!!!! congrats!

www.boinkedpika.co.nr
www.booboostrider.co.nr
www.pikabucks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER:

"All images are sourced from the internet and are in the public domain. We claim no credit for any images or videos featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to it's respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the images or videos, and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and they will be promptly removed. We are not responsible for content on any external website, and a link to such site does not signify endorsement. Information on this site may contain errors or inaccuracies; the site's proprietors do not make warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the site's content."

"Plleease, don't never ever complain for wrong gramars and wrong spelings words on this blogs, the bloggers is just a wanabee, she didn't even pinished her elementary days and just wanna blog, is that a krime?"
 

·´`·.¸.» j u l i a ·´`·.¸.» Copyright © 2009 All Rights Reserved.

I am not responsible for the content of external sites.

Check this blog's Privacy Policy and Disclosure Policy.