Back in the year 1984, Michael Jackson & his brothers filmed a commercial for Pepsi-Cola that went horribly wrong & is now believed to have sparked Michael Jackson's lethal addiction to prescription painkillers.
The previously unseen footage was released by UsMagazine, The $1.5 million commercial — filmed at the Shrine Auditorium in LA, California — used extreme pyrotechnics that famously caught Michael Jackson hair on fire.
In the said video clip, Michael Jackson is seen successfully finishing 1 take of the Pepsi commercial where pyrotechnics go off around him, but unluckily on the 6th take, the explosion happens too soon and Michael Jackson’s hair ignites. Michael Jackson , who is just 25 yrs. old then, suffered 2nd & 3rd degree burns on his scalp & some part of his body. Watch the Michael Jackson Pepsi video after the jump.